Lecturer in Pharmacy
- Part Time
- Part-time (0.6 or 0.4), Continuing position
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $90,748 - $107,758 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe University and the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science is currently investing to strengthen its regionally based research and teaching in biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences. This position is one of several that are now being advertised on this site.
About the position
The School of Pharmacy and Applied Science is located on the Bendigo Campus. We are seeking two experienced pharmacists who wish to maintain work in the profession, but who would also like to share their passion for the pharmacy profession and inspire students. The two positions at Level B are at a time fraction of 0.6, however, we would consider arrangements at 0.4. Successful applicants would be teaching into areas of pharmacy practice and clinical aspects of pharmacy.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional pharmacy experience.
- Strong record of research publications, with evidence of quality and impact, relative to opportunity, or a strong portfolio of evidenced professional experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching with the ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff, students, and external stakeholders from multi-disciplinary domains.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 19 November 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Michael Angove, +61 3 5444 7992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.