Professor of Engineering
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Professor will provide outstanding research and academic leadership in the area of Engineering and promote the School within relevant corporate, government, industry, academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
This will include:
- Providing intellectual leadership beyond their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, including recognition as a public intellectual.
- Leading major research projects as a chief investigator, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Teaching across all levels and modes (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) at the national and international levels.
- Leading the moderation and maintenance of academic standards, and the development of course and unit curriculum that exemplifies Deakin’s curriculum framework, and meets external requirements.
- Providing innovative leadership towards the implementation of the University’s Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in Engineering or a relevant post-graduate qualification with a strong record of senior management experience in university, industry or government sectors.
- Extensive experience in leading research teams, with a strong international scholary publication record based on research or practice in the area of Engineering.
- Ability to lead engagement with industry, and produce significant outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to make an outstanding contribution to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn.
- Highly developed leadership and communication skills, and the ability to establish, influence and maintain positive relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Richard Shields, Tel: +61 3 8610 6135, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 21 November, 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.