Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor in Arts and Humanities
Duke Kunshan University (DKU) invites applications for faculty positions in the Arts and Humanities and related areas: History, Literature, Media and Arts, Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Computer Science and Design. These positions are open with regard to rank including tenured, tenure track, and non-tenured. We are especially interested in considering advanced assistant professors to full professors.
These positions are open with regard to sub-field. Besides our general interest in each area, in some areas we are especially interested in:
- History: pre-Modern China; comparative, American, and European history;
- Literature: comparative, Asian, and American literature;
- Media and Arts: the scholarly study of art, art history, and visual studies, the creative practice of film, photography, multimedia, and digital arts, and the study of mass, new, and comparative media;
- Philosophy: philosophy of mind, logic, the history of philosophy, ethics and applied philosophy, and philosophy of science;
- Religious Studies: comparative religious studies, individual religious traditions, environmental thought, and leadership practice.
DKU will launch an innovative, integrated and interdisciplinary liberal arts and sciences undergraduate program leading to both Duke and DKU degrees. Students interested in arts and humanities will be immersed in integrated core courses including the arts of interpretation in written texts, images and sounds, as well as a common set of university-wide courses on China, global challenges, and ethics. Areas of study in the arts and humanities include, but are not limited to, Global Cultural Studies, Media and Arts, China and US Studies, and Ethics and Leadership. Faculty will have the unique opportunity to pioneer, lead and implement an interdisciplinary and integrated arts and humanities curriculum and to conduct research in the related fields. These positions may start as early as Fall 2018 or begin a year later.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in an appropriate field. Successful candidates should show a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching in a liberal arts curriculum. Research and scholarship are also highly valued. Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae, a research statement and a teaching statement, as well as names and contact information for three references. All materials should be submitted through Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/10177. The search committee also invites and encourages letters of nomination for potential candidates. Nominations and questions about the positions may be sent to email@example.com using “Arts and Humanities Search” as the subject line. Priority will be given to applications received by December 1, 2017; we will accept applications until the positions are filled.
DKU is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University and the Municipality of Kunshan, China (https://dukekunshan.edu.cn).* The DKU campus is 37 miles west of Shanghai in Kunshan, and is connected to Shanghai via an 18-minute high-speed train and a subway-light rail train system. DKU provides competitive compensation, benefits and start-up packages.
As an international intellectual community that encourages diversity, openness and creative learning, DKU welcomes outstanding faculty from around the world who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to a global learning and research environment. DKU particularly welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and minorities.
*Duke University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate degrees. Duke Kunshan University is not accredited by SACSCOC and the accreditation of Duke University does not extend to or include Duke Kunshan University or its students. Duke Kunshan University is accredited by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. Further, although Duke University agrees to accept certain course work from DKU to be applied toward an award from Duke University, that course work may not be accepted by other colleges or universities in transfer, even if it appears on a transcript from Duke University. The decision to accept course work in transfer from any institution is made by the institution considering the acceptance of credits or course work.
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- Permanent History, Philosophy & Theology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China