Research Fellow Position at Wee Kim Wee School of Communication & Information
Research Fellow Position at Wee Kim Wee School of Communication & Information, Nanyang Technological University
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 13th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities. The Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information invites applications for the position of Research Fellow in Computational Social Science with expertise in social network analysis, machine learning, natural language processing, or related areas. Interest in conducting web-based experiments and/or exploring big data is a plus. Successful candidate will work on projects focusing on the emergence and evolution of social systems and the role that human communication plays in them. Possible (but not limited) research topics include cooperation and coordination, contagion and diffusion, trust building, team formation and performance, group information seeking and processing, collective decision making and problem solving, and network dynamics.
A PhD is required from one of the following, or allied, disciplines: communication, sociology, political science, economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics or statistical linguistics.
- PhD in social sciences, including communication, sociology, behavioural economics, political science, social psychology, and computational linguistics, with strong emphasis on computational methods, social network analysis, collective action and decision making, or group dynamics.
- PhD in computer science with strong emphasis on computational analysis of social and collective dynamics,
- Other related disciplines or fields of studies.
- Experiences in designing and administrating web-based experiments,
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills,
- Knowledge in mathematical and statistical analysis, and
- Abilities to collecting, manage, and analyse large-scale data
Applicants should submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Latest curriculum vitae
- Personal Particulars Form
- Education certificates
- Scanned copy of NRIC/Passport
- Research statement(capped at 2,000 words)
- At least one writing sample(e.g. recent publications, dissertation excerpt/summary)
- Contact information for two references(one of which should be chair of your dissertation committee). Recommendation letters will only be solicited from finalists.
The position is available immediately and will be closed once a suitable candidate is found.