VET Teaching in Tourism Hospitality and Recreation
Casual Contract – Expression of Interest
- Assessment Focused
- Palmerston Campus
- Tourism Hospitality & Recreation (Top End) Up to 3 months – 20 hrs/per week Teaching Focused Academic - Salary rate $45.68 p/hour plus 9.5 per cent superannuation
Are you an experienced assessor with qualifications and a background in either the Hospitality, Events or Tourism industry?
The role of the Assessor is to interview and record evidence in support of RPL applications within the team.
What is RPL - Recognition of Prior Learning?
RPL – is an assessment process that assesses an individual’s formal, non-formal and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual has achieved the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards for entry to, and/or partial or total completion of, a VET qualification. Recognition of Current Competency is a subset of RPL.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic environment focused on providing Recognition of Prior Learning for industry professionals?
If this sounds like you, Charles Darwin University and the Tourism Hospitality & Recreation Team are seeking a motivated and skilled assessor to work on a casual basis to conduct assessment as the teams RPL assessor.
This role will be offered as a casual contract and work hours will vary according to cohort of student enrollments.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Diploma in Hospitality and / or Diploma in Travel and / or Diploma in Events
- Current qualification equivalent to a Certificate IV in training and assessment (TAE40110) or higher.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory / management experience in one of the above industries
- Contemporary knowledge of the Hospitality / Tourism / Events industry and associated organisations.
- Experience in working with candidates from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A capacity to undertake relevant administrative responsibilities including contribution to and coordination of programs and associated resources. Desirable competencies
- Hold Current Australian Driver’s Licence
For further information about the position contact Timothy Francis on 08 8946 7946 or email email@example.com
Statement of Claim:
Attention Applicants: It is a requirement of this selection process that applicants provide a Current Resume / CV, a Statement of Claim addressing the Selection Competencies as listed in the Position Profile.
CDU Diversity Statement:
Charles Darwin University embraces diversity and the innovative ideas, perspectives and experiences our diverse workforce contributes. As a leading employer within the Northern Territory, Charles Darwin University is committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to achieve their career aspirations. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.