Research Associate in Civil Engineering
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UNSW Sydney comprises 45 academic staff, 80 research centre staff, and 32 professional and technical staff. Its recurrent income is $22M per annum, with a further $12m in research income. The School has 1,700 undergraduate students, 620 postgraduate coursework students and 220 postgraduate research students. The School is one of the most active in research at UNSW.
About the role
- $72K - $96K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 2.5 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Associate will contribute towards research in the field of Water and Environmental Engineering at the Water Research Laboratory, such that the outcomes can be strategically used by the School/University to improve its research reputation and strengthen collaboration with industry partners. The Research Associate is primarily based at the Water Research Laboratory at Manly Vale with extensive field work in southwestern Sydney (Thirlmere Lakes).
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Doctorate in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering (or being awarded shortly), preferably in a related area of hydrology.
- Demonstrated research work in the field of surface and/or groundwater hydrology, including water balance estimates/analyses.
- Experience in water balance analyses, dataset management, shallow groundwater investigations and surface water hydrology.
- Demonstrated capability to undertake field work investigations including the deployment and ongoing monitoring of climate/meteorological equipment;
- Demonstrated administrative ability and willingness to work independently and with colleagues in multi-disciplinary team-based projects.
- Demonstrated interest to participate in teaching activities including the development of course material, marking and assisting in workshops.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Associate Professor William Glamore, UNSW Civil Engineering
T: +61 2 8071 9868
Applications close: 1st November 2017