Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Mining Engineering
- Australia’s leading educator of engineering graduates
- World-leading group of researchers and teachers
- Commitment to educational excellence and innovation in teaching methodologies
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of educators to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia’s leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world’s best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
The School of Mining Engineering
The UNSW School of Mining Engineering is the leading mining engineering research and teaching institution in Australia supporting its significant minerals-rich resources sector. It was ranked 5th in the 2017 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranking of world leading universities, a reflection of its strong research performance and being a leading mining education provider. The School is one of the founding Schools of UNSW and is a member of Mining Education Australia (MEA), the national joint venture that has won many awards for its innovative approaches to education. It is a leader in mining education across the English-speaking world offering a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs that attract strong industry support.
For more information visit: http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/mining-engineering/
About the role
The purpose of this role is to deliver an outstanding and innovative teaching and student experience in the area of mining engineering, as well as undertaking research and professional engagement relevant to the teaching discipline/s and consistent with the aims of the School. The role will also contribute to the achievement of the research, education and engagement and leadership missions of the School and UNSW Engineering.
1 position is available, the appointment would be:
- at level B ($101k – 119k per annum), level C ($123k - $141k per annum) or level D ($147k - $162k per annum), plus 17% superannuation and leave loading, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time,
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to deliver outstanding teaching and student experience into undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs, as well as undertaking research and fostering professional linkages in line with the School aims. The position involves teaching a range of engineering courses, including in the areas of mining engineering.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A Masters or PhD in mining engineering or a related field, or an equivalent level of industry experience
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- A demonstrated interest and capacity for development of alternative delivery models for teaching, especially online and blended delivery
- Industrial and / or academic research experience commensurate with level in mining engineering or related discipline
UNSW Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants from industry and professional backgrounds are especially welcome and should demonstrate their equivalent level of standing as demonstrated by professional experience.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply
Submit your application through www.jobs.unsw.edu.au
Be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Associate Professor Paul Hagan:
T: +61 9385 5998
Applications close: 11:59 pm Sunday 12 November 2017 (AEDT)