Records Management Officer
GOVERNANCE AND LEGAL DIVISION
The Governance and Legal Division comprises the units Records Management, Governance, Legal Services and the Complaints Management Centre. The Records Management Unit manages records management compliance and promotes best practice. UOW utilises a decentralised records management model, which requires consistent collaboration with stakeholders across the University. We employ in excess of 2,000 staff in a diverse range of occupational groups and modes of employment across approximately 20 major business units (Faculties and Divisions).
The Records Management Officer supports records management across the University and users of the Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS).
The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Support and promote compliant and effective records management practices across the University
- Provide guidance on compliance with
- The University Records Management Policy and supporting guidelines
- Records related legislation, in particular the NSW State Records Act as well as relevant General Disposal Authority documents
- Maintain the Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) from a records management (not from a technology) point of view, particularly the Ontology (library of terms and tagging rules) as well as provide support and training across the University
To be successful in this role you need to have a positive attitude towards people and towards solving problems (“see the glass half full”), high levels of initiative and self-motivation as well as a strong attention to detail.
We are looking for a team player who is dependable, responsible and reliable as well as adaptable and flexible.
You will be prompted to respond to the selection criteria as part of the online application process, based on the position description below. You will be able to save your application at any time and submit at a later date if required, you will only be able to do this before the closing date of the position.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Markus Meier-Lindner, Senior Manager on 4221 3439.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Wollongong
Employee Status: Permanent/Continuing
Closing Date: 30/10/2017, 8:59:00 PM
Salary Details: Level 5: $66,253 - $75,054 + 17% Superannuation
Reference Number: 171066
HR Contact: Hayley Donoghue
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org