Digital Access Specialist
- Continuing, Full Time
- Information and Technology Directorate
- CQUniversity Rockhampton North
- Total Remuneration $97,852 to $107,016 pa (Inclusive of 17% superannuation & leave loading)
Your New Division:
The Information and Technology Directorate (IaTD) is seeking a motivated and engaging Digital Access Specialist to join one of Queensland's most dynamic departments and to be a part of one of Australia's most inclusive Universities. As a committed team player, you will enjoy the opportunity to work and grow in a diverse team that is values driven and invests in its staff to enable them to support CQUniversity’s fast evolving business.
Your New Role:
In this role you will be responsible for metadata and linking data in Library and vendor systems, whilst ensuring accurate discovery and optimal access to the Library’s electronic and print resources. You will develop online help materials and provide mentoring and training to Library and frontline staff to enable them to resolve client access issues. In addition, you will contribute to the development, evaluation and continuous improvement of Library services and operations through the provision of advice and recommendations to Library Managers for improvements to resource discovery and access.
You Will Be:
- Working on demanding tasks requiring substantial effort and commitment.
- Building strong professional networks and developing and maintaining working relationships with others that requires interaction and mutual support.
- Continuously improving and exploring new ways to do the job successfully.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application please provide evidence of the following qualifications/experiences;
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree plus 3-4 years relevant experience (essential).
- Knowledge of electronic resource metadata creation, activation, discovery and linking in contemporary library systems (essential).
- Knowledge of contemporary library principles and practices, and understanding of current and emerging issues related to the delivery of library resources, preferably in the tertiary education environment (essential).
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32143
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 29th October 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.” CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.