Postdoctoral position - The Department of Psychology
The University of Konstanz, with its “Institutional Strategy to promote Top-Level Research“, has been receiving continuous funding since 2007 within the framework of the Excellence Initiative by the German Federal and State Governments.
The Department of Psychology of the University of Konstanz, Research group Research Methods, Assessment, and iScience (Prof. Reips, PhD), is accepting applications for one
Academic Position / Postdoctoral Level (EG 13 TV-L/100%)*
The postdoc position is initially limited to three years and can be extended. In principle, the postdoc position can be divided into two half-time positions. The postdoc position is to be filled as soon as possible, the latest as of April 1, 2018.
The successful candidates will integrate with the Research Methods, Assessment, and iScience team (http://iscience.uni.kn) to conduct research, teach, and help with administrative tasks. There will be opportunity to work towards achieving the German post-PhD degree “Habilitation“ or a doctoral degree. Applicants near or with finished “Habilitation” or near finishing of their PhD are also welcome to apply.
- pronounced interest in and joy in performing research and research-inspired teaching
- pronounced analytical, conceptual and communicative skills
- degree in Psychology (50% position: Diploma or Master, 100%: PhD), with good to very good grade
- proficiency in English, basic knowledge of German is welcome, further languages appreciated
- expertise in at least one (100% position: two) of the following areas: assessment, methodology of Internet-based research, statistics
- competent use of standard software and statistics software, programming skills and affinity with social media/Internet are very welcome
- willingness to jointly develop methods and create applications for Internet-based research and Open Science
- willingness to teach at least 2 hours per week (50% position) or 4 hours per week (100% position) and to mentor Bachelor and Master theses
We offer excellent working conditions in a dynamic research environment at a beautifully located university of proven excellence, a strong international network, a stimulating and supportive intellectual atmosphere, excellent students (pre-selected via numerus clausus), the opportunity to jointly shape the research group and be part of a dedicated team.
The University of Konstanz is situated on the shore of Lake Constance in the deep south of Germany, just four kilometers from the Swiss border (direct train to Zurich airport takes an hour). It offers spectacular views of the Alps as well as direct access to the lake. As one of eleven German universities awarded the status of excellence, the University of Konstanz is consistently ranked among the global top 200 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
The University of Konstanz encourages applications from people with a disability. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact +49 7531 / 88 – 4016).
The University of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer that tries to increase the number of women in research and teaching.
The University of Konstanz is committed to further the compatibility of work and family life.
The University of Konstanz supports dual career couples. Information can be obtained from: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/dcc.
Please place your application (including CV, list of publications, copies of academic records and diplomas, list of classes taught) in English or German on the Internet and send a link for download preferably before October 31, 2017 via e-mail with subject “Application Methods“ to: Secretary of Research Methods, Assessment, and iScience of the University of Konstanz, Antonie Schmidt <email@example.com>, Fach 31, 78457 Konstanz, Germany. First consideration will be given to candidates whose complete applications are received by October 31, 2017, but we will accept applications until the positions are filled.
For further information please visit our website: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/stellen
* Meaning of TVL-13 before and after taxes can be calculated here, initial level (Stufe) depends on previous experience: http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/tv-l/west/