- Full Time, Fixed Term (until July 2019)
- Level 3 – $52,761 to $57,373 p.a (Plus 17% Superannuation)
- Wagga Wagga
The Division of Facilities Management is responsible for developing and maintaining the campuses to provide a conducive and sustainable environment for safe living, teaching, learning and research. The Operational Services is integral to the Division’s strategic planning process and provides effective stewardship of campus facilities by ensuring all resources are effectively and efficiently focused towards our students and staff in their pursuit of academic excellence. The Operational Services team provide the leadership, management and technical skills required to maintain and operate Charles Sturt University’s built environment and infrastructure.
The position is predominately a hands-on function, utilising the person’s theoretical and practical knowledge in horticulture and turf management to contribute to the development and maintenance of the campus grounds and the routine servicing of grounds equipment. This position will assist the Manager, Campus Services to create a culture of service excellence within the Division and will be required to actively participate in the Department’s continuous improvement service model. To be successful in this role, he/she will possess the following capabilities (but not limited to):
- Ability to work as an individual or within a team environment
- Ability to use a wide range of plant and equipment for grounds maintenance in a safe and effective manner including but not limited to: tractor and slasher; ride-on mowers, edging equipment; rotary hoes; chainsaws; chippers; etc.
- Ensure compliance with environmental guidelines and WHS policy and procedures
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications close: 26 October 2017