Manager of Contracts and Compliance
Office of Research Support
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University's strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University's research activities. The Office also manages the University's internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will be mainly responsible for:
- Design and implement procedures, services, forms and systems for the office and campus community to enhance research contracts and compliance issues.
- Interact with faculty, senior administrators and sponsor representatives to facilitate contracts and compliance activities.
- Leads the drafting of agreements, complex clauses or other documents of a legal or contractual nature and provides guidance and assistance to other administrators as needed.
- Participate in departmental activities of long-term planning, formulation and resolution of policy and procedural issues, development and enhancement of services, and determination and assessment of goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with the office of general council the review of sub-award agreements and contracts which include research contracts, consultation contracts, service contracts, and sponsorship contracts.
- Provide advice on contractual obligations, and interpret research agreements / policies / contracts.
- Develop/Review templates for research sub-award agreements, industrial agreements, job contracts, and other research related contracts.
- Review/amend/negotiate sub-award agreements, non-disclosure agreements, industrial agreements, service and research contracts, amendments and other research related contracts/agreements
- Facilitate and assume a leadership role in the resolution of contract related problems referred.
- Support pre and post award teams in contracts and compliance issues
- Organize periodical training for QU researchers to increase awareness about fund obligations
- Provide guidance and support to pre and post award to ensure compliance with fund obligations (e.g., fund management agreement, sub-award contract, conflict of interest, research with human subjects) upon project initiation and at project milestones
- Develop & Maintain compliance procedures (e.g., checklists, approval points) for processes in ORS to ensure alignment with QU policies and Qatar laws
- Periodical review policies and procedures of Research Support office and other entities in QU (HR, finance, procurement, immigration) to ensure compliance with funding agency and QU research policies
- Coordinate review of research misconduct allegations related to external funding, development of response to funding agency, and follow up on corrective actions
- Trains employees, schedules, prioritizes and delegates/assigns work.
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates as appropriate according to scheduled plans and recommend actions as per applied HR policies.
- Support in identifying staff training needs and planning for appropriate trainings to be provided in a timely manner.
- Ensures a high quality of services delivery to Research Support office and QU community
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- A Bachelor Degree in Law is recommended. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Arbitration certification is preferred.
- Very good knowledge of English & Arabic
- Minimum of 6-8 years of administration and management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with students,faculty, staff, administrators and external stakeholders.
- Experience in preparing and negotiating agreements and contracts is necessary.
- Experience in accounting, finance, audit, and policy development is recommended.
- Knowledge of sponsor and University research policies, practices and procedures is necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of University and departmental policies and procedures is necessary.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.