- Exciting career opportunity
- Supportive and creative environment
- Full-time, continuing position
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Orientation Programs Team within the Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor – Learning and Teaching is responsible for the delivery and management of university-wide coordinated programs and initiatives that enhance the success of students, and centre on a whole of lifecycle approach to the student experience.
The Orientation Programs Team aims to provide:
- A coordinated recruitment, management and training program for student volunteers and leaders.
- The delivery of the Macquarie University Mentors and Student Volunteers – university-wide student volunteer peer programs designed to encourage new students to develop the skills required to transition through university, and give current students the opportunity to enhance their employability skills.
- Support and coordination for new or existing peer volunteer programs at Macquarie University.
We are looking for a Program Officer to support the delivery of the Macquarie University Mentors Program designed to build and deepen transition of new students into University life. Reporting to the Orientation Program Manager, you will contribute to the design, development and delivery of the program; recruit, supervise and train student mentors; and build and manage working relationships across the University including supporting networks and working groups within faculty and departments.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Experience in Mentoring and/or volunteer programs in the higher education context;
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills with experience in a customer service, team oriented environment;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience communicating effectively with individuals at all levels;
- High level of flexibility and adaptability, and ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to coordinate projects or events.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $67,625 - $76,886 p.a. (Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing
Enquiries: Josephine Avati, Program Manager on 9850 7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 27 October 2017 at 11:55pm (AEDST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.