- Full Time
Faculty of Science
- Perform general administrative duties
- Provide operational support to the work area
- Coordinate meetings, workshops and events as required
- Full-time continuing, HEO4, Camperdown
About the opportunity
You will provide general administrative services and operational support in a proactive professional manner on a day to day basis. The role includes administrative support for Faculty based workshops, meetings and events. The support you will provide includes responding to a range of enquiries via telephone, email or in person; record keeping; facilitate the timetabling, room, and equipment bookings; updating web materials; as well as coordination of meetings.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
To be considered, you will possess:
- Certificate IV in business administration or equivalent business administration experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of enquiries and providing excellent customer service
- Well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2107/1017 to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm, 18 October 2017 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.