Senior Manager in Facilities Management
2 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on the Kensington campus as well as the sub-campuses and other associated properties. It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and environmental management. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
EM directly manages the core facilities management services and outsources the delivery of most of its services through a number of key service contracts (building maintenance, utilities supply, campus security, cleaning, waste management etc.). Facilities Management (FM) is a unit within Estate Management which is primarily responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and management of the buildings, services and grounds.
About the role
- An attractive salary package commensurate with experience
- Fixed Term until October 2022
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Senior Manager, Facilities Management supports the Associate Director, Facilities Management and other managers by providing high level advice on matters relating to the operational and strategic management and governance of the unit. This position also deputises for the Associate Director as required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or extensive relevant experience.
- A strong track record in facilities management in a comparable large and complex organisation.
- Strong leadership skills, with extensive contractor management and supervisory experience.
- A strong track record in delivering quality customer service with a can-do attitude with demanding deadlines.
- Superior organisational, financial management and reporting skills.
- A thorough understanding of risk and compliance management practices.
- A strong track record in managing projects.
- Superior organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to exercise judgement and use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to establish effective workplace relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to implement equal opportunity policies and programs.
- Current NSW Driver’s licence.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Krista Hillyer, Acting Corporate Services Manager
Applications close: COB, Friday, 20 October 2017