7 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Water Research Centre (WRC) is an externally funded multidisciplinary centre that operates within the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. WRC operates out of two locations. Kensington campus (established in 1987) at UNSW Sydney, is home to WRC researchers and academics who conduct pure research and applied research including using virtual laboratories and simulators. Water Research Laboratory at Manly Vale (established in 1959) which houses a range of facilities including wave basins, a well tank, soils lab, centrifuge permeameter, a chemistry laboratory and various wave flumes. One of the largest centres at UNSW .with two locations serving more than 50 staff and supporting more than 80 PhD Students.
About the role
- $70K - $87K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 1 year
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing a high level of administrative support to the Water Research Centre management team, staff, students and industry bodies.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A degree or equivalent tertiary qualification or relevant work experience preferably at a tertiary institution.
- Demonstrated experience in using accounting/Financial systems and procedures – preferably in a tertiary institution.
- Demonstrated ability to provide regular management reporting information.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop good relationships and to work as part of a team.
- Proficient word-processing, spreadsheet, web, database and related computing skills.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Robert Steel, Business Manager
T: +61 2 9385 4601
Applications close: 25th October 17