Executive Dean, Faculty of Built Environment, Engineering, Technology and Design
Taylor’s University is one of the newest universities in Malaysia but we can trace our roots in higher education back to the establishment of Taylor’s College in 1969. In year 2020, we will mark our first decade as a University.In this short time, Taylor’s has established itself as a world class university, in the top 200 in Asia, and as Malaysia’s leading private university. This standing has been built almost exclusively on our excellent reputation for undergraduate teaching and the overall experience of students during their time with us, aided by the establishment of our world-class Lakeside Campus.
Moving forward, we are now seeking an inspirational leader to shape and drive strategy towards balanced excellence and to support delivery of our overall strategic plan at the Faculty of Built Environment, Engineering, Technology and Design. This is an opportunity for a dynamic individual to build on Taylor’s University’s existing strengths and develop the Faculty for the next 5 years. The role requires an exceptional, experienced individual, able to motivate the Faculty community and provide inspirational academic and executive leadership.
- Provide academic leadership and domain expertise across the wide span of disciplines in the Faculty to enhance teaching and research outcomes
- Achieve the financial performance goals of the Faculty by effectively managing the Faculty’s budget and alignment to performance indicators while adhering to the governance, policies and standards set by the University and external accreditation bodies
- Enhance the research profile of the Faculty by improving the quality and quantity of research output and making a significant contribution to the University’s submission for the national & international ranking exercise
- Lead innovative approaches to curriculum design and delivery, working in partnership with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Heads of School to undertake annual reviews of the Faculty’s academic programs
- A doctoral qualification with a reputable track record in research and higher education within the relevant field
- Academic standing as a Professor in one of the disciplines offered by the Faculty is desired
- Significant and successful track record of strategic leadership and management at a senior level within a large and complex
- Significant domain knowledge and skills in the areas of education, research and professional practice related to the faculty to enable strategic change
- Proven experience in building research partnerships, including with industry, government, and the community, and in improving the research performance of a higher education institution
- An understanding of contemporary higher education issues and the implications of these for the management of universities
- Proven capacity to work across organizational boundaries, including with government, community, and international partners, to achieve agreed corporate outcomes
To apply (please submit CV)or to enquire, please email to : firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply for Executive Dean, Faculty of Built Environment, Engineering, Technology and Design
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly