Internal Communications Manager
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Group Marketing serves all university groups to promote the University's brand, reputation and achievements globally. The Communications team provide advice and guidance on effective internal, external communications and issues management strategies. The team manages the University's reputation in the media as well as with key stakeholders and develop high level messaging about the University for its target audiences.
This role plays a pivotal role in the Communications team, developing and driving implementation of internal communication plans and strategies across multiple channels aligned to the University's marketing strategy presenting a coordinated and unified story to internal audiences.
Contributing to the development of the communications strategy to enhance the university's brand, reputation and visibility, you will be an experienced internal communications professional who can manage and deliver the planning, development and distribution of internal communications building compelling, brand aligned messages to staff and students.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 3 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Degree and/or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, change management or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a highly functioning and results driven team
- Proven demonstrated skill and experience developing, implementing and measuring communication strategies and plans across a range of channels
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to collaboratively gain stakeholder support across all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated extensive experience building and managing relationships and partnerships, including experience in providing communication advice to senior stakeholders
- Excellent writing and editing skills including the ability to identify and correct errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong knowledge of digital communication platforms and tools and demonstrated ability to engage these in creative and innovative ways
Salary Package: From $115,570 to $122,061 p.a. (HEW Level 9), plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing position, immediate start
Specific Role Enquiries: Shannon Kliendienst, Director of Communications on +61 2 9850 7456 or Shannon.Kliendienst@mq.edu.au
General Recruitment Enquiries: Patsy Moss on +61 2 9850 9821 or email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 25 October 2017 at 11.55pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.