Learning Experience Designer
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
Academic Services Directorate
- Potential Secondment Opportunity
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full-time fixed term for 6 months, remuneration package: $119K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The position will take direction from the Associate Dean(Education) and work to support pan-Faculty curriculum initiatives, including the broad design of curriculum,detailed design of individual units of study, and the development of educational resources for use within the teaching programs.
In this position, you will:
- provide pedagogical and technical expertise and lead the work area in the creation and development of educational resources to enhance student-learning experience
- provide strategic support and advice to academic and teaching staff on the effective use of educational and multimedia technologies across various programs of study
- provide operational support to realise the educational design needs
- manage a broad range of education support in developing innovative tools and resources to meet the teaching and curriculum needs of the Faculty.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Learning Experience Designer who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications in education and/or information technology with well- developed technical knowledge acquired through work experience
- experience delivering education programmes, preferably in a tertiary education environment
- experience working in a tertiary environment with working knowledge of using learning management systems, e-portfolio, scenario based learning
- extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures and administrative processes within a tertiary environment.
About the area
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitmentand search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm 23 October 2017.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.