IT Operations Support Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
IT Operations Support Engineer
Location: Kings Meadow Campus
Salary: £29,799 to £38,833 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Tuesday 24 October 2017
Are you a highly-skilled IT Support Engineer specialising in Microsoft Windows Environments, with experience in providing operational support on a range of platforms in a large and complex IT infrastructure?
The University of Nottingham is one of the top 75 Universities worldwide, having 43,000 students and 5,000 staff, with a global reach and campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. The Information Services (IS) department is at the heart of delivering change to this global and increasingly digital community.
As part of this transforming organisation, Information Services are seeking to invest in an experienced IT Operations Support Engineer who will play a key role contributing towards the on-going support, maintenance, design, development and management of core University IT services.
As an experienced IT Operations Support Engineer you will provide technical support, advice and guidance on a range of platforms and be a skilled operative in the day to day operations of the systems supported; this to include, but is not limited to, managing Active Directory in a global environment, Office 365, Microsoft Windows Server (2003 and above), Microsoft Exchange (2007 and above), Identity and Access Management, SharePoint, IIS, SCCM, OpenText MBPM, Citrix, NetIQ, CRM, Print (follow me) and Filestore.
- Broad understanding of a number of platforms, products, services and technologies with demonstrable recent experience in current versions
- Experience in the support, maintenance and configuration of relevant infrastructure technologies
- Experience of managing routine service requests and issue/incident resolution
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and deploy detailed technical knowledge in specialist areas
- Experience of working within a structured IT Service Delivery Framework
- Relevant skills in Windows Active Directory (manage, administer, maintain) in an enterprise environment
- Relevant skills and experience in managing and supporting (install, configure, administer, maintain, repair) Windows Server (2008/2012) in an enterprise environment on both physical and virtual hosts is essential
- Relevant skills/experience in supporting Azure and/or AWS
- Relevant skills/experience in supporting (install, configure, administer, maintain, repair) Linux Server Operating Systems (e.g. Centos, Red Hat, Ubuntu) in an enterprise environment on both physical and virtual hosts
- Relevant skills and experience in managing and supporting Citrix
- Relevant skills and experience in managing and supporting VMware
- HND/Degree level or equivalent relevant experience (Essential)
- Relevant Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) certification (Desirable)
This is a full time, fixed term post for a period of 2 years.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.