Brand and Campaign Manager
- Consistently among the highest-ranked universities in Melbourne for education experience, including teaching quality and graduate satisfaction.
- HEW 8 + up to 17% super
- Full-time, 12 month fixed-term contract
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
About the job
You’ll be the catalyst of student recruitment campaigns to meet and exceed Swinburne’s goals. While you can easily deliver through-the-line campaigns and events based on the academic calendar, you’ll also have plenty of ideas (and follow through) on innovating the how and when we connect with prospects.
For each campaign, you’ll be responsible for selecting communication channels, tracking implementation, assessing the return on investment and adjusting or changing tactics when evidence calls for it.
To achieve this, you’ll partner with multiple stakeholders across the university, as well as Swinburne’s media and creative agencies, while leading a team of events, brand and campaign specialists.
You’ll also be the source of strategic advice and a brand guardian, making recommendations to stakeholders on any marketing activity related to student recruitment.
Skills and experience
It goes without saying that
- You have a stellar combination of qualifications and experience. We prefer that you have a postgraduate qualification in Marketing, Business Management or a related field. If not, that you are working towards one or intend to.
- You’re proven to plan and implement multi-channel marketing campaigns, including TV, outdoor, online and direct media. Developing strategies that successfully achieve campaign objectives comes second nature to you.
- You are known for your innovative and viable ideas which have shown real impact and benefit to the business. You are equally adept in guiding and evaluating others in the development of such ideas.
- You think on your feet and can just as easily put yourself in the shoes of a year 12 student as you can a mid-career professional mulling over a master degree.
- You are a natural leader who proactively builds relationships both up and downline, as well as with partners and suppliers.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
How to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2016 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Swinburne University of Technology is a Child Safe Organisation and as part of this commitment, we require all employees to have a current Working with Children’s Check.
All appointments are subject to a valid Working with Children’s Check, therefore it will be a mandatory requirement to have and maintain a current Working with Children Check.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Laura Iakovidis on +61 3 9214 4423.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Position number: 28553
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 23 October 2017.