Senior Lecturer in Higher Education
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $120,993 - $139,510 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Melbourne has an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and research. This commitment to excellence has seen the University bring together the brightest minds to redefine best practice in online education to deliver unparalleled quality education, 100% online, to students worldwide.
The Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education (Melbourne CSHE) within the University of Melbourne is a leading national and international centre for higher education research. We are seeking a Senior Lecturer (Higher Education) to be actively involved in all academic activities of the Melbourne CSHE and be engaged across the University. As the successful candidate, you will be involved in the provision of professional development for staff in teaching and learning and will conduct research in the research foci of the Centre: higher education policy; teaching and learning, the student experience; educational technology and the learning sciences.
- Have a doctoral degree in education or in cognate discipline area; or a doctoral degree and over seven years University teaching experience and an established track record in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Provide evidence of a sustained high quality teaching record.
- Demonstrate a research track record which has national impact and a strong record of research publications.
- Demonstrate a capacity to attract research funding and to manage research projects, along with your ability to harmoniously contribute to both teaching and research teams and to work collaboratively both within and outside the University.
- Prove your ability to undertake subject coordination duties and to conduct professional practice visits.
- Demonstrate capacity in the supervision of higher degree students.
- Prove an awareness of contemporary debates in higher educational policy and higher education research.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 5 Nov 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria