The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the following position:
The positions are tenable at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a pensionable or contract basis.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Civil and Environmental Engineering Department
Professor, Structures (Re-advertisement) x 1
Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in an academic discipline and to build the knowledge base of the discipline through research and publication.
- To administer teaching and research activities within the discipline.
- To give leadership in the University, the Faculty and the Department, and developing the next generation of academics;
- To play a leading role in improving the teaching and research infrastructure of the Department, College and University.
- To be active in some form of professional service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE PER POSITION
- A PhD degree in relevant field of Civil or Environmental Engineering and registration with relevant professional bodies (e.g. Engineers Registration Board) where required by law.
- At least 10 years post-doctoral experience in teaching and research at a tertiary institution of comparable standard. For engineering candidates, two years post-doctoral cognate industrial/professional experience shall be equivalent to one year teaching experience.
- At least 30 publications in reputable refereed journals.
- Evidence of successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters or Doctoral level
- Evidence of research grants awarded.
- Engagement in projects/services that benefit the University, the profession and the community.
- Demonstrated and sustained excellent leadership in academic and professional fields (e.g. mentoring junior academic staff, etc.).
- Experience in student-centred and problem based learning is desirable.
- A record of peer reviewed publications suitable for appointment at a Professor level.
- Experience in course and curriculum development/revision.
- Experience in organization and resource management including the management of academic and support staff.
- An in-depth understanding of own specialisation to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Computer proficiency
- Understanding of academic management structures and their functioning
- Excellent knowledge of the international academic discipline environment.
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Ability to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding
- Ability to be routinely involved in complex and important negotiations both within the Faculty and with external bodies
- Ability to supervise projects and graduate students
- Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
Key Performance Areas
- Achievement of departmental goals and strategy.
- Teaching and Research.
- Curriculum planning and review.
- Professional Service.
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter certified copies of educational certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to:
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
THE POSITION IS OPENED UNTIL FILLED
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. G. Kgosiemang/Ms. K. Oleseng @ 490 0117.