Associate Professor in Pathology
This position involves teaching basic and systemic pathology to programmes in Health Science and MBBS students (and post graduate students)
- Delivering lectures and Practical sessions in Pathology course.
- Deliver tutorial sessions to ensure students’ understanding of the course is maximised.
- Liaise and work with laboratory demonstrators in regards to preparation and delivery of pathology practical sessions.
- Prepare assessments and marking of assessments.
- Assist in other teaching if need arises.
- Guide and supervise students’ research and ensure students’ align their research according to CMNHS research policy and to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Review and improve the courses to keep up to recent advances in Pathology.
- Provide academic counselling and guidance in the courses taught.
- Conduct research/supervise staff/student research
- Teach Clinical practice
PHD in relevant discipline with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or significant (normally 10 years) tertiary teaching experience. An Associate Professor will have the same skill base as a Senior Lecturer and in addition there is a requirement for academic excellence which may be evidenced by an outstanding contribution to teaching and /or scholarship.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
School of Health Sciences
Suva – Hoodless House