Student Administration Assistant
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Faculty of Business and Economics has an exciting opportunity for several bright and articulate Student Administration Assistants to support students enrolled in its programs. You will provide a wide array of advice around systems, procedures and processes to ensure that students are accurately informed.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process
- Relevant qualification and/or experience working within administration.
- Demonstrated understanding of student administration processes and the tertiary education environment.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including an ability to prepare routine correspondence and documentation
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills including an ability to plan and set priorities in order to efficiently handle a varied workload
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a diverse range of people from varied backgrounds, including students, staff and members of the public
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and participate effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Ability to work shift work during peak periods
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $69,654 – $79,193 p.a. (Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Neta Mahbubani, Manager, Student Administration on (02) 9850 7787 or email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Alexander Righton, Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11:55pm, Thursday 19 October 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance