Estate Management Business Partner
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on all campuses (excluding Canberra). It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and environmental management. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- An attractive salary package commensurate with experience
- Fixed Term until October 2022
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The role of the EM Business Partner (BP) is one of advice and facilitation, acting as the main conduit between EM and its customers. They focus on communication, engagement and relationship management to deliver high levels of customer experience and add value. As the EM representative, the BP develops long term and mutually beneficial partnerships with their nominated Faculties or Divisions to understand mutual strategic direction, provide proactive advice and support decision making for a seamless integration of the EM service model across UNSW.
They are responsible for advising and supporting partners in the development of accommodation strategies in alignment with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines, highlighting risks and opportunities as they become aware of them. This extends to coordinating services provided to research, teaching, learning and collaborative spaces including the digital and physical infrastructure as well as staff and student spaces.
The BP is embedded in their respective Faculties or Divisions and reports to EM (Senior Business Partner). Performance is managed through general role KPIs and specific area KPIs developed annually in agreement with the relevant Faculties or Divisions General Managers or equivalent. The UNSW estate is extensive and multi-disciplinary. This position requires a high degree of independent operation, strategic, problem solving and creative thinking, and the provision of high level advice to senior management. In doing so, the incumbent will be required to assess, report and make recommendations on a range of EM related matters.
The role requires the development of strong partnerships with University stakeholders, including Faculty and Divisional General Managers, other EM Business Partners and key members of EM service delivery teams.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience with a strong track record in Operations Management, Project Management and executive level stakeholder engagement. A sound understanding of Estate Management operations would be beneficial.
- Sound understanding of the tertiary education sector, trends and challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise working in a large, complex and diverse environment.
- Solution focused with demonstrated high level negotiation and consultation expertise, strong networking capability, and personal and professional credibility.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated customer centric approach.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to synthesize complex issues and deliver robust outcomes.
- Proven financial and resource planning and operations management experience.
- Sound working knowledge of current WHS regulations/legislation.
To apply please contact Frank Fucile at Alex Kaar, Executive Board Appointments (contact details below).
Frank Fucile, Alex Kaar
T: 03 8614 8205
Applications close: COB, 27 October 2017