- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on all campuses (excluding Canberra). It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and environmental management. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- An attractive salary package commensurate with experience
- Fixed Term until October 2022
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
Reporting to the Associate Director, Property Management, the Manager - Delivery is responsible for leading the Property Management Delivery team in the delivery of projects from design development, documentation, tendering and delivery of upgrade projects to buildings and assets within the University’s estate. Key accountabilities of the role include leading the delivery of a range of upgrades to buildings and assets within the University’s estate portfolio including critical services and engineering infrastructure, undertaking negotiations with Contractors and other stakeholders to deliver upgraded assets, team management of project managers and 3rd party consultants, project coordination with Development Planners and supporting the Associate Director in developing delivery strategy and standards for the Stay In Business CAPEX (SIB) Program of works and other budget projects across the campuses.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree in a relevant property related discipline or subject with demonstrated experience in leading and managing capital programmes and projects of a major scale.
- Proven experience in the delivery of strategic planning for varying project programs.
- Proven experience at leading the delivery of major projects both from schematic design to delivery, to achieve the clients cost, value, time and quality objectives.
- Experience in the delivery of a variety of building usage types, in particular office, research, teaching spaces and/or high density residential.
- Demonstrated experience in development and management of significant budgets associated with the delivery of major refurbishment and/or multi-project programming.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and operationally, with the ability to articulate a clear vision, set clear objectives and manage unplanned and complex situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Experience in planning and organising complex strategic development and budget plans to ensure a coherent and integrated approach to delivery of projects over time.
- Experience of successfully leading a multi-disciplinary team of property professionals, including external consultants and contractors.
- Collaborative and team oriented with ability to quickly establish and maintain a high level of personal and professional credibility with the wider team.
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system, especially during the delivery of projects.
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills and proven capacity to exercise initiative, flexibility and to be proactive in respect of project and team management issues.
- High level oral and written communication skills and experience in researching, analysing and preparing succinct reports, supported by proficiency in relevant computer applications applicable to the planning reporting and delivery of development projects.
- Leadership capabilities in a team environment and a demonstrated capacity to establish build and maintain strong professional relationships within a diverse environment.
To apply, contact Paul Bulman at Hays Recruitment (contact details listed below).
Paul Bulman, Hays Recruitment
T: (02) 9249 2222
Applications close: COB, 27 October 2017