Administrative and Financial Assistant
Administrative & Financial Assistant in the Engineering Department (EN), Cooling & Ventilation Group (CV).
You will join:
- The Engineering Department (EN) that provides engineering competencies, infrastructure systems and technical coordination for the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities.
- The Cooling and Ventilation Group (CV), responsible for designing, constructing, maintaining, and operating cooling, ventilation and air conditioning systems and large scale fluid distribution systems for the whole Laboratory, particularly in the underground areas of the accelerators and experiments.
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to broaden your knowledge and experience in financial, database and technical domains and work in a working environment where excellence is the key driving factor.
- Specific training and support for professional development to foster your skills and develop your talents.
As Administrative & Financial Assistant, under the direct supervision of the Group Leader, you will be in charge of the financial and budgetary follow up of the CV Group and, in addition, you will support the technical service in charge of the CMM (Computer Maintenance Management) and equipment codification in the implementation of the Group's database.
- Prepare financial reports for the Group Leader with the aim of ensuring that the allocated budget is respected for any activity under the Group's responsibility (operation, maintenance, projects etc.).
- Support the Group Leader with budget management, detection of deviations, analysis of time and variance.
- Create orders using different corporate software packages.
- Check incoming invoices, ensure internal routing for technical validation, process data to allow invoicing for frame contracts, liaising with the CERN Procurement and Finance Department, as well as with contractors.
- Support the Group Leader in the budget definition, asset valorization, analysis and production of reports.
- Provide assistance with other admin tasks to support the success of the group.
In particular, according to the workload and deadlines, you will also:
- Modify, implement and take all relevant actions in the CV equipment and CMMS database according to instructions following construction of new plants or modification of existing ones.
- Modify the status or specific fields in work orders.
- Assign new codes and create the CMM structure for CV plants.
Technical certificate or general secondary education in the field of administration and finance, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Relevant professional experience in an administrative or secretariat service.
- Experience in financial aspects, preferably on budget follow up & accounting.
- Experience in using personnel/administrative databases and associated tools would be a definite asset.
- Experience in an industrial environment would be a strong asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Use of Office software packages: Microsoft Office and, in particular Excel for the preparation of documents and statistics.
- Secretarial service: preparing and processing various reimbursements.
- Operational personnel and material costs planning.
- Use of Scientific and Engineering software packages.
- Ability to type, file and retrieve papers, electronic files and database information and carry out administrative duties.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects; readily absorbing new techniques and working practices; proposing new or improved ways of working; demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations.
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- Managing self: taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Achieving results: objectively assessing and monitoring own work; regularly reporting on progress and advising of any changes in schedule or priorities; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Working in teams: seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others.
The language competencies required for this post are:
- Spoken and written French: ability to understand and speak in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft accurate texts.
- Knowledge of English or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 03.11.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- A valid driving licence.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.