Location : London Liverpool Street
Closing Date : 20/10/2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : Human Resources
The role holder will efficiently manage and effectively coordinate all operational aspects of the UK payroll, ensuring c. 1,500 employees are paid each month. The role holder will be required to work with the HR Admin Team to achieve continuous improvement in all transactions and support the achievement of wider HR metrics.
This role reports to the Head of HR. The role has one direct report, Payroll Assistant, who you will be required to work closely with and to train to administer the payroll. The current HR & Payroll system is NGA’s Resourcelink.
- Manage the monthly payroll process runs smoothly, working closely with the HR Admin Team, to ensure employees are paid correctly and on time
- Deal effectively and accurately with payroll queries and issues received from managers and employees, in a timely manner, in accordance with the standards set
- Ensure all third party payments are made within the required time, supporting any reconciliation required from providers and internal stakeholders
- Provide detailed Payroll reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure all items have been correctly accounted for, liaising closely with Finance Team
- Ensure all PAYE Real Time Information is accurate and all annual\monthly returns are made to HMRC e.g. P60s, P45 etc. are produced
- Work with the business, coach and educate line managers, influence key stakeholders and provide all round payroll advice and solutions
- Ensure ‘Payrolling of benefits’ is actioned and produce any remaining P11d reports required
- Ensure full and timely generation of nominal reports, BACs lists, nominal journals
- etc. and produce ad hoc reporting of payroll costs as required
- Provide finance with adequate reports which assist in reconciling payroll to ledgers such benefits information, PHI claims, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes and support with internal and external audits related to payroll
- Action batch data uploads to ResourceLink, across HR & Payroll
- Work with the HR Admin Team and stakeholders in developing and embedding, easily understood, user friendly, best practice policies which meet the needs of the business
- Work with HRIS and provider to identify and implement system improvements
- Work with Finance, key stakeholder, to support the development and embedding of forecasting tools and processes for the business
- Lead on ‘Leave Management’ complex queries in ResourceLink, upload part-timers holiday entitlements at the beginning of the new leave year.
- Act as champion and SME for specified policy areas, as agreed with the Head of HR
Knowledge/Experience Required for Role:
- Recent experience of using Northgate Resourcelink at System Administrator level is essential
- Significant Payroll Officer\Manager experience in a small team dealing with the entire payroll processes is essential
- Significant experience of running a medium to large payroll is essential
- Strong practical payroll knowledge is required with an ability to manage business expectations via ensuring compliance balanced with commercial acumen
- Willingness to want to add value to the HR function and develop a service-focused approach.
- Previous experience of developing an Assistant would be desirable.
Skills Required for Role:
- Advanced IT skills, with particular reference to Microsoft Excel and MI reporting including COGNOS reporting
- A proactive approach is a must with the ability to build strong business relationships
- Demonstrable ability in taking accountability and responsibility for managing payroll
- Attention to detail and an ability to contextualise Business needs into payroll best
- Professional and customer orientated communication skills, face-to-face, telephone and in writing is critical
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential. You need to demonstrate an ability to share knowledge/advice with colleagues and offer assistance to others where appropriate. You will be expected to treat others within the HR Operations team with courtesy and respect and work with others to solve problems, using the advice and ideas of others collaboratively
- Ability to analyse complex problems and provide solutions, both on your own and working in collaboration with others
- Management and Development experience.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check.