Senior Estate Management Business Partner
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on all campuses (excluding Canberra). It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and environmental management. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience
- Fixed Term until October 2022
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Estate Management Business Partner Team provides strong advice, support and guidance, and acts as the principal conduit between Estate Management and its customers across the Faculties and Divisions. The team will create and maintain long term and mutually beneficial partnerships with customers to understand mutual strategic and operational direction, provide proactive advice, support and guidance to enable the achievement of projects, plans and strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating services provided to research, teaching, learning and collaborative spaces (including digital and physical infrastructure as well as staff and student spaces), advising and supporting the development of accommodation strategies, annual asset plans, capital project submissions, and proactively highlighting risks and opportunities. The team provides strong relationship management and engagement to deliver a high level of customer experience, making for a seamless integration of the EM service model across UNSW.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience with a strong track record in Operations Management, Project Management and executive level stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrated leadership and stakeholder management experience at a senior leadership level, in an Estate Management environment, within a large, complex and diverse environment.
- Strong experience leading and motivating a team of professionals to deliver key performance goals.
- Demonstrated effective and successful interaction at Senior Management level.
- Sound understanding of the tertiary education sector, trends and challenges.
- Solution focused with demonstrated high level negotiation and consultation expertise, strong networking capability, and personal and professional credibility.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated customer centric approach.
- Superior analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to synthesize complex issues and deliver robust outcomes.
- Extensive financial and resource planning and operations management experience.
- Superior working knowledge of current WHS regulations/legislation.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
To apply please contact Molly Green at Alex Kaar, Executive Board Appointments (contact details below).
Molly Green, Principal - Alex Kaar
T: 03 8614 8203
Applications close: COB, 27 October 2017