Teaching Scholar in Accounting
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Deakin Business School and the Department of Accounting are seeking to recruit entry-level academics to undertake teaching, teaching related activities and program development in the area of management.
This will include:
- Contribute to the School’s teaching programs.
- Develop learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Perform administrative tasks commensurate with position responsibilities and contribute to processes that enable the effective operation of the Department.
- In collaboration with senior colleagues , foster relationships and maintain links and partnerships with industry
- PhD or appropriate postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- At least one year’s academic employment experience in an Australian university, excluding continuing appointments.
- Extensive teaching experience.
- At least one year professional experience working as an accountant.
- Ability to contribute effectively to the Department’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Professor Peter Carey
Head, Department of Accounting
Tel +61 3 9244 6267
CLOSING DATE:Wednesday 18 October 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.