Operations and Administration Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of the DVC(A) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience, the needs of academic staff and international operations. The Division is made up of the following departments: Library, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Education) and Shared Student Services.
The PVC Education Portfolio is responsible for leading and supporting the development and implementation of strategies, programs and initiatives to improve students’ experience of learning and to enhance the capabilities of the University’s staff in relation to the design, development, implementation and evaluation of technology enabled learning, teaching, curricula and the resources to support learning and/or teaching.
About the role
- $82K - 87K plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed Term until Dec 2018
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Operations and Administration Officer assists the Manager, Operations and Administration and the Unit Manager across all office management functions and services to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the PVC(E) and provides high-level administrative support for programs and projects managed within the PVC(E) Portfolio. This opportunity is being offered as a maternity leave replacement for a period of 13 months.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including report writing and the ability to liaise with a diverse range of clients and maintain a high level of discretion.
- Working knowledge of the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and the ability to undertake financial support and reporting duties.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Katja Benninghaus, Manager, Operations and Administration
T: (61 2) 9385 2727
Applications close: 17th October 2017