- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Interested in a position assisting high achieving students to develop the skills required to successfully transition into employment? UNSW Careers and Employment is a fast-paced, innovative service with a strong focus on collaborating with UNSW Faculties to deliver career education programs. We are seeking a dynamic Careers Consultant to assist UNSW students and graduates in developing career management skills.
About the role
- A $89K - A$96K per year (plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term until December 2018
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We are seeking a dynamic Careers Consultant to assist UNSW students and graduates in developing career management skills. The successful applicant will have a background in Career Development, Higher Education, Recruitment, Human Resources and/or Training.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated high level skills in developing, delivering and evaluating careers education programs for a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven experience in providing assistance and advice to individuals on careers and employment issues.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated experience in presenting to various audiences.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise at all levels (careers staff, students, academic and professional staff, employers and other careers professionals) and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Superior skills in the use of standard office desktop software such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, online databases and internet applications for researching and preparing reports, presentations, statistics and other documents.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Ruth Wilcock, Senior Careers Consultant, UNSW Careers and Employment
T: (61 2) 9385 4196
Applications close: 17 October 2017