Section Head of Research Technologies
Information Technology Services Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Information Technology Services delivers world class IT services to enable Qatar University to be a model national university that offers a high quality, learning-centered education
Information Technology Services is committed to collaborate with the Qatar University community to provide excellent information products and services. Our IT support shall enable the university to uphold its high standards in teaching, learning and outreach.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Technical Lead of QNREN Is responsible for the design, planning and ongoing operational support of the QNREN network with overall responsibility for network & system integrity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, implement and provide ongoing support of the QNREN domestic core network Infrastructure (which consists of dark fiber links, switches, routers and firewalls) as well as the compute and storage infrastructure.
- Plan, design, implement and provide ongoing support of the QNREN international connectivity to other networks.
- Configure physical network links, virtual circuits, IP connectivity, BGP peering’s & transits within the QNREN domestic and international network segments.
- Maintain QNREN network performance by working with multiple network monitoring tools; perform traffic engineering as well as troubleshooting network and system issues.
- Install, configure and provide ongoing support for Virtual Machine Hosts (Linux KVM, VMWare).
- Install, configure and provide ongoing support for UNIX-like (Linux/FreeBSD) and Windows operating systems.
- Install, configure and provide ongoing support for software and applications used by QNREN.
- Communicate and negotiate with telecommunication service providers, other research & education networks, and IT Departments of other institutions.
Qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or Computer Engineering.
- Extensive experience of working in a National Research and Education Network (NREN),Research and Education organization, commercial ISP ,large enterprise or communications provider in a senior technical network centric role.
- Complex Juniper IP configuration experience.
- IP protocol knowledge and experience (routing protocols, BGP and related items)
- VRF/Virtual Routing design and implementation.
- The ability to create/work with and install/configure tools in a networking environment.
- Experience with installing/managing/maintaining Cacti, Nagios, IPAM and other typical network management tools.
- Complex network support and design experience.
- Strong Linux/Unix/FreeBSD skills, automation and network analysis.
- Perl/Python/Shell scripting/programming skills.
- Network proof-of-concept design, lab testing of new software and hardware features.
- Implementing and managing virtual machines.
- Knowledge of Authentication, Authorization and identity services, applications and infrastructure.
- Project management experience.
- Good in documentation.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa ) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.