Change and Communications Manager
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Change and Communications Manager is a member of the Change and Communications Team which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
The Change and Communications Manager is responsible for the design, development and implementation of change initiatives to support specific projects within the University's Infrastructure Services portfolio, and externally to the portfolio as required.
The role provides their expertise to enable the achievement of project outcomes including strategy development, stakeholder management and engagement, targeted communications, executing change plans and assessing change readiness.
The Change and Communications Manager partners with project teams on a day-to-day basis, and makes recommendations on key Change Management decisions to support the realisation of business benefits. The role will play a critical role in driving overall communications where significant innovation, initiative and/or judgement are required.
Under broad direction from the Project Manager and the Manager, Change & Communication, the incumbent works with a high degree of delegated responsibility and authority. The incumbent consults with a wide range of stakeholders across the University, to achieve project objectives. To do this, the incumbent must understand the needs and requirements of the many individuals and groups, internal and external to the University, and facilitate effective linkages between relevant parties and projects.
The role will also contribute significantly to the operation of the Change & Communications Practice.
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications, or relevant qualifications, with previous, proven experience in Change Management and Communications within a complex organisational environment or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proven ability to understand and evaluate stakeholder needs and represent this in Stakeholder Analysis, Change Impact and Gap Analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute change management strategies including Engagement and Communication plans and resistance management strategies
- Extensive experience in assessing Change Readiness and evaluating the implementation of Change initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships both internal and external to the organisation including the ability to build consensus and influence in negotiations across a broad audience.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 19 Oct 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria