Predictive Analytics and Teaching Quality Data Specialist
Oversee the development, use and integration of the university-wide use of analytics and teaching quality data.
Key Selling Points
- Work in a great team environment
- Fixed term contract to 21 September 2018
- Be part of improving student experiences at JCU
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Predictive Analytics & Teaching Quality Data Specialist within the Division of Academic and Student Life at James Cook University (JCU). A fixed term appointment this position is based at the Townsville campus, located in picturesque tropical North Queensland.
About the position
Work collaboratively across the university, consulting with key stakeholders, to develop activities and projects that support whole of institution student retention initiatives through conceptualising the use of data driven systems in the emerging field of using data to provide insights into student retention and predictive analytics.
- Provide university-wide leadership, advice and support about the use and interpretation of institutional data for evaluation and continuous improvement relating to the student experience.
- Consult with key stakeholders to develop projects and conduct data analysis for the purposes of evaluation and reporting.
- Foster collaborative relationships with both internal and external critical stakeholders to effectively access and use data sources
As someone who is progressing towards post graduate qualifications in Social Sciences, Statistics or Analysis or a related discipline you will have an understanding of the principles of data quality assurance, data privacy and the ethical dissemination and use of data for various purposes. You will also demonstrate high level analytical, conceptual, and evaluation skills and experience in the principles and practices of quantitative and qualitative research methods and data analysis.
You will also:
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Have well-developed organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work within complex data systems including the ab
About the Division
The Division of Academic and Student Life is responsible for the overall strategy in relation to learning and teaching, academic quality, student services, careers and counselling, equity and library and information services at JCU. The Division plays a critical role in working with and across the Colleges and Divisions at JCU and oversees a large component of the student experience at JCU.
The Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement Directorate supports strategic activities in learning and teaching across a range of areas for both staff and students and is instrumental in delivering a number of University-wide initiatives, projects and programs that enhance academic development as well as equity and wellbeing.
Consistently voted in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- generous superannuation scheme
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
Click on "apply now" to be taken to the JCU careers page where you can find further information on JCU and download the position description and further instructions on how to apply.
Previous applicants need not re-apply
Vacancy Numbers: 16156
Applications close: 5 November 2017