Manager in Campaign Communications and Events
- Exciting opportunity to lead a newly formed Communications and Events team, responsible for a portfolio of alumni, development and community engagement services.
- Utilise your high-performance customer service ethos to manage and support a wide range of internal and external projects and stakeholders
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams across the organisation and bringing a strong vision to life
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy, UNSW's strategic plan that sets out the priorities and themes that will guide us over the next decade as we position ourselves as 'Australia's Global University'.
Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team organisation that will advance UNSW's ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university's highest priorities. Our Alumni and Engagement team helps encourage the involvement of alumni and friends in Sydney and around the world in the life of UNSW. Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of service and stewardship.
About the role
- $117K - $124K per year (plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Maternity Leave Cover (12 months)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- Sydney CBD based (UNSW Philanthropy at 320 Pitt St)
The Manager, Campaign Communications and Events is responsible for driving and developing communications and engagement strategies to enhance UNSW’s relationships with alumni, donors and supporters, corporate partners, students and the broader community.
The Manager, Campaign Communications and Events is responsible for leading a team of communications and events specialists and planning and implementing a successful program of donor, alumni and external engagement events to strengthen philanthropic opportunities for UNSW. The role is also responsible for managing communications and events services and processes in the Division of Philanthropy, working with other teams across the University to meet organisational objectives.
The successful applicant will:
- Work closely with Division of Philanthropy Directors, develop a communications and engagement strategy for the Division.
- Develop and implement communications and events activities, and plan and deliver a program of high quality engagement events to support campaign fundraising and alumni engagement goals.
- Develop and refine procedures and processes relating to communications and events, and provide effective mentoring and training to staff.
- Develop and manage highly effective and productive stakeholder relationships across the University, including directors and senior managers at all levels of UNSW.
- Develop communications objectives and metrics to measure success of communications and events strategies.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Campaign Communications and Events team, including performance management and professional development.
To be successful in this role you will have the following attributes:
- Relevant degree and extensive relevant experience in the field of external relations, marketing or communications with a customer service-focused organisation or University
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering communication strategies for a broad range of audience segments and across multiple platforms
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team, including establishing work plans and ensuring the team is aware of all Divisional priorities and key goals
- Demonstrated experience managing events or activations
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- An interest in philanthropy and its impact on society
Please note: This role will be based in Sydney CBD with the Philanthropy division from July 2017 for a temporary period of 12 months. It is likely then to return to UNSW Kensington campus.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria) via the website. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Lisa Burns - Manager, Campaign Communications and Events
T: +61 2 9385 9078
Applications close: 11:59 pm 16th October 2017