Director in Adelaide Health Simulation and Skills Centre
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing leadership position available
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences.
The Adelaide Health Simulation and Skills Centre (AHSSC), within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, is one of the most high-tech healthcare teaching facilities in the Southern Hemisphere. We address the current and future inter-professional learning needs of health and related workforces to improve patient care. Based in brand new facilities in the South Australian Health and Biomedical Precinct, our state of the art facilities boast the latest in audio visual, simulation and teaching technologies, while recognising the basic needs of future health professionals.
This role will provide leadership in academic and research areas in the Adelaide Health Simulation and Skills Centre within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. The Director will be a key contributor in designing the clinical training facilities, advanced simulation capabilities and the latest in technological digital learning platforms that will greatly enrich the learning experience and graduate qualities of our medical, nursing, psychology and health sciences students. The Director will lead and encourage an environment of creativity and innovation and engage with the broader academic and professional community, to promote and enhance the national and international profile of the Centre and the University.
Salary: Level C $115,310 – 132,966 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% applies.
Term of position: This continuing position is available in January 2018.
To be successful you should have:
- Registrable as a health practitioner with the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated ability and experience in carrying out innovative teaching activities, as required, which are academically relevant and reflect pedagogical, student and industry needs and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership and management of people, financial resources and infrastructure, with the ability to build cohesive and collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the establishment, growth, governance and leadership of a health simulation and skills training and simulation centre.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to coordinate specialist clinical training in key discipline areas within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Ability to engage and be open to collaboration and the sharing of ideas with the broader academic community across the University, Australia and internationally.
- Ability to represent the Faculty with external organizations such as the alumni, state and federal government agencies, industry, collaborating organizations, professional bodies and the general community.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Tina Pantelis, Senior Human Resources Coordinator, telephone: 8313 0895 or email: email@example.com.
Please note if the selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
To obtain a copy of the Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Closing date: 22nd October 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.