Systems Support Officer
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
The Office of Financial Services provides Financial Services to support the University mission of teaching and research and the Systems Team maintain and enhance the University’s Financial systems and the interfaces to these systems from other University systems.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
We have an opportunity for a Systems Support Officer to provide systems advice and support to users of the University’s financial systems.
In these newly created roles you will be responsible for:
- Providing tier 1 and 2 level support to end-users of the University’s financial systems
- Preparing test plans and performing testing and quality assurance activities to aid management decision-making in the adoption of software patches, update packages, upgrades, and releases
- Maintaining user access rights and financial delegation for financial systems users.
- Administering and coordinating periodic interfaces with external systems, ensuring files and data are accurately uploaded.
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing user tools and training materials for Finance systems and deliver systems training to end-users.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 3 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Degree and/or extensive experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in providing Tiers 1 & 2 systems support for complex management information systems with a strong focus on customer service
- Experience providing support in the maintenance of large, complex management information systems
- Demonstrated experience in developing and undertaking test plans and quality assurance activities to support the implementation of patches, upgrades and new releases
- Demonstrated client focus in coordinating the lifecycle of System issues and requests and ensuring resolution of issues and requests
- Demonstrated ability to proactively prioritise and manage workload and improving existing services and processes
- Experience developing and reviewing systems processes, procedures and training tools.
Salary Package: From $80,231 to $88,561 p.a. (HEW Level 6), plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: full time, continuing
Enquiries: Melissa Mesiti, HR Consultant on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 15 October 2017 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.