Senior Manager in Environmental Sustainability
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on the Kensington campus as well as the sub-campuses and other associated properties. It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and sustainability services. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- An attractive salary package, commensurate with experience
- Fixed Term until September 2022
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
Reporting to the Director, EM, the Senior Manager, Environmental Sustainability will drive the establishment of a compelling environmental sustainability vision, program and implementation strategies in accordance with the University’s 2025 Strategy and UNSW policies, and in particular UNSW’s Environmental Management Plan and Policy. Key elements of the role include:
- Driving a strategic framework for environmental sustainability
- Overseeing implementation of leading environmental sustainability strategies on behalf of the EM department and UNSW
- Leveraging the University’s research and curriculum network and platform to inform policy and measures, and showcasing UNSW’s knowledge and expertise in this field
- Building a long-lasting community of practice around environmental sustainability across UNSW Faculties and Divisions, and other stakeholders and partners.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in environmental management, sustainability or engineering and extensive experience in a senior corporate environmental sustainability role in a large and complex organisation
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to the positions areas of responsibility, including an understanding of the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007
- Demonstrated leadership and staff management experience
- Strong financial management skills
- Prior experience with statutory reporting
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to synthesise and explain complex issues, develop clear strategies and policies, and deliver robust outcomes.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, high level negotiation expertise, strong networking capability
- Collaborative and team oriented approach, with ability to quickly establish and maintain a high level of personal and professional credibility at a senior management level and with the wider team
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Applications submitted online will be forwarded to Rose Filippone, Alex Kaar.
Rose Filippone, Principal
Applications close: 17 October 2017