Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Finance at Macquarie provides financial services to support the University's mission of teaching and research. These services include financial reporting to the University Executive, Council and stakeholders both in respect to statutory requirements and project reporting, as well as, preparation and monitoring of budgets in consultation with the University's Faculties and Offices.
The Finance Manager will report to the Senior Finance Manager and work within the University’s Property Division.
The Property Division supports the University in achieving its learning, teaching and research goals through providing planning, development and maintenance services for all University buildings and infrastructure as well as providing a growing commercial property investment portfolio through development and/or acquisition and managing the same.
The Finance Manager role is a critical customer facing Business partnering role within the Property Division The key to success is driving a strong customer service and delivery culture, ensuring an exceptionally high standard of delivery.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as an integrated business partner to the Division providing financial analysis, reports and decision support
- Support the Property Office in preparing budgets and forecasts ensuring strategic alignment, early communication and engagement with key stakeholders and timely completion.
- Providing valuable insights into variance monitoring and the assessment of risks and opportunities against budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for assessing and supporting Property Office staff training requirements, both in relation to finance systems and processes.
- Continuously challenge the status quo and how to create efficiencies both within processes and through engagement and information self-serve.
For more information in this role, please view the position description below.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Bachelor Degree (major in Finance/Accounting) or equivalent; and CPA qualification or international equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in advising stakeholders on strategic planning associated with budget activities.
- A track record in supporting management in the preparation, forecasting and monitoring of budgets.
- Demonstrated experience building, managing and influencing positive relationships with key and diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a high-performing and customer service culture throughout the team.
- Significant experience in managing high-volume financial activities that require both judgment and high levels of accuracy.
- Solid experience with financial databases and systems.
- University experience recommended but not a requirement.
- Property and Construction experience.
This position requires a criminal record check.
Salary Package: From $115,570 – $122,061 per annum (HEW Level 9) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: 1 year fixed term contract
Role specific Enquiries: Sukumar Narayanan, Senior Finance Manager – Offices, at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Mesiti, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday, 16 October at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.