Senior Business Specialist
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community and inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW has developed an exciting ten-year strategic plan focused on Academic Excellence, Social Engagement and Global Impact that aims to see it ranked in the Top 50 universities in the world by 2025.
The University is currently in an exciting phase of transformation and change. Finance is a significant service dedicated to continuing to build a high performance culture whilst delivering excellent finance support.
- Attractive remuneration
- Continuing, full-time position
- Be part of a major transformation across the University and contribute to key policies, procedures and strategies
- Located in Kensington
About the role
The Senior Business Specialist - Finance Strategy and Planning is part of a small team providing business advisory services to the University on how to better manage financial resources and achieve business strategic objectives.
Specific responsibilities include
- Develop and lead a plan for the delivery of strategic planning functions to support Finance and specific UNSW wide business plans.
- Devise, conduct and communicate complex financial analysis, including financial modelling and scenario analysis, and provide authoritative advice to stakeholders regarding business proposals as well as facilitate decision-making and the financial performance of programs and initiatives across the University.
- Support the financial and operational reviews of schools, research centres, and other business units across the University to ensure alignment with best practice and provide advice on opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and or lead appropriate financial forecasts to support the university in the achievement of its strategic objectives.
- Develop policy and procedure frameworks with the objective to improve the decision-making processes across the university.
- Lead the analysis and recommendations for new program offers and deregulated pricing opportunities including course costing/economics.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in-line with the changing requirements of University management and government policy towards the higher education sector.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with extensive and demonstrated success in managing complex multiple projects to deliver significant outcomes within a large and diverse organisation
- Highly developed consulting, business modelling and business analysis expertise with a track record of success in delivering proven authoritative advice which meets stakeholder expectations.
- Well-honed commercial expertise gained in a wide range of business environments.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience of successful interaction across all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, analyse and interpret complex data and data models and provide strategic direction and advice to senior management and to non-finance staff.
- Highly developed capability to work independently or as part of a team to resolve complex problems by defining scope, generating requirements, and providing clear and relevant analytical insights to support outcomes for the organisation and stakeholders.
Please apply on-line by submitting your resume with a short cover letter. Applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Monica Romero, Manager Finance Strategy and Planning
T: 0430 021 244
Closing date: 13 October 2017
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.