Post Career Break Fellowship
Eligibility and closing date
- You have been on a career break for personal reasons such as family or caring responsibilities or health issues for at least 2 years.
- Periods of unemployment do not count as a career break within this programme.
- A change in the field from your studies or in the direction of your career does not constitute a career break within the spirit of our programme.
- Students are not eligible for this programme.
- You have a Masters level diploma or PhD with between 4 and 10 years relevant experience after the MSc (Senior Fellow profile), if you are applying in experimental or theoretical physics, you have a PhD (or are about to finish your thesis).
OR you have a BSc or technical engineer diploma with no more than 4 years relevant experience (Junior Fellow profile). Junior Fellows must be nationals of one of CERN's Member States.
CERN ex-Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
Please note that an individual may only benefit from Fellow status at CERN for a maximum of 36 months. The minimum duration of a Fellow contract is 6 months.
Candidates who are registered as CERN Users may be asked to justify how their status relates to their application.