Lecturer in Medicine
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research-intensive universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Medical Sciences, UNSW Sydney, invites applications for the position of Lecturer within the Department of Anatomy. This is an exciting opportunity to pursue collaborative opportunities in research and teaching within this dynamic School
About the role
- $101,524 to $119,683 per year plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- 3 year fixed term
- Full time (35 hours per week)
The appointee will make a significant contribution to the undergraduate Medicine and Science programs of offered at UNSW, through teaching within the discipline, and through content development within a relevant sub-disciplinary area. The appointee will be expected to contribute to or develop a program of research in the broad discipline of Anatomy that complements existing strengths and resources within the Faculty and School.
The successful candidate will be expected to play a leading role in learning and teaching activities within the School of Medical Sciences, particularly anatomy tuition for students in the senior years of the medical undergraduate program, as well as supervising postgraduate research students and developing an internationally recognised research program.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in a biomedical discipline relevant to the discipline of Anatomy, AND/OR an MBBS OR MD.
- Evidence of capacity to provide expertise and academic leadership within clinical anatomy, histology and medical sciences.
- Experience in development of modern educational media at the tertiary educational level.
- Ability to successfully undertake leading-edge biomedical and/or education-based research as evidenced by publication record.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Assoc Prof Nalini Pather, Department of Anatomy, School of Medical Sciences
T: (61 2) 93858025
Applications close: 29 October 2017