Commercial Business Analyst
- Join one of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Play an integral role in supporting the University’s 2025 Strategy
- Assist us in reaching our commercialisation goals
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of “Delivering from Research Excellence” and “Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity” as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years and, through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government, help transform Australia's economic base.
About the role
As a Technology and Commercial Business Analyst, you will be responsible for utilising your analytical skills to extract data and information from a variety of sources across UNSW and then critically evaluate and understand the types and level of technology transfer and commercialisation activities being undertaken. You will provide strong guidance on knowledge exchange activity, initiatives and planning to the Knowledge Exchange Business Development Team.
Further Key Responsibilities:
- Foster value-adding technology and commercial partnerships and alliances, and understand and report on methods to strategically position opportunities for knowledge exchange.
- Collect data metrics from various systems and stakeholders to report on knowledge exchange activity
- Investigate data requirements, and apply data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques
- Understand key trends and identify and report on emerging issues
- Use gap analysis to proactively identify possible process improvement issues
Your experience and knowledge:
- Experience working with Technology and Commercial Business Development teams to help identify new external business opportunities in emerging technologies and/or startups.
- Superior knowledge and ability to use professional business analysis tools, software, techniques and methods and CRMs
- Strong ability to influence senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to use sound judgment in resolving issues as they arise
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Visio, MS Project
- Outstanding communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in business and/or knowledge gained through relevant experience.
Your relationship building coupled with your strong analytical skills will support and complement a Division which is driving innovation and research forward.
Please submit your resume and cover letter online (addressing the selection criteria within the Position Description). Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Talent Acquisition Consultant