Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Nursing
Sydney Nursing School
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in nursing
- Based at the Sydney Nursing School – Camperdown Campus
- Full time or part time continuing position in a prestigious faculty
About the opportunity
The Sydney Nursing School is highly regarded nationally and internationally for academic excellence, quality teaching and innovative research. We are seeking to appoint a registered nurse with an academic background to the role of Lecturer (level B) or Senior Lecturer (level C) in the faculty. You will have responsibility for teaching nursing management of chronic conditions in the community, and also into at least one of the following areas: understanding illness experiences, social contexts of health, Australian health care system. You will teach in pre- and post-registration courses in Sydney and potentially also into the off-shore (Singapore) Bachelor of Nursing (Post-registration) program and take on unit of study coordination responsibilities. There will be some academic administration responsibilities, committee work, course coordination and/or acting in a student advisor role. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to faculty research in areas relevant to faculty research priorities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. We see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a dedicated academic who has:
- a developing national research profile in a field aligned with the faculty’s research priorities (Level B); or a national research profile and developing international research profile in a field aligned with the faculty’s research priorities (Level C)
- an ability to engage with and contribute to faculty research and learning and teaching activities and processes
- demonstrated currency / competence in two or more fields of expertise, including nursing management of chronic conditions in the community
- a Master’s or equivalent qualification related to field of expertise
- a PhD or M Phil or near completion in a relevant area (Level B); or a PhD in a relevant area (Level C)
- registration as a Registered Nurse with the NMBA or eligibility for registration with NMBA
- relevant teaching and curriculum development experience and evidence of student-focused approach to learning and teaching
- relevant experience in higher degree research student supervision (Level C)
- excellent organisational skills.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 27 October 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.