Casual Academic Staff, Sydney Nursing School
6 days left
Sydney Nursing School
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in clinical nursing education
- Casual academic
About the opportunity
The Sydney Nursing School is highly regarded nationally and internationally for academic excellence, quality teaching and innovative research. We are looking to appoint registered nurses with relevant experience to teach in the above content areas within our pre-registration nursing courses. You will have the opportunity to participate in faculty activities and contribute to the development of a positive and productive academic learning and teaching environment.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. We see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for enthusiastic, appropriately qualified staff who have:
- a degree or diploma in nursing/midwifery and registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse;
- relevant Masters level qualification
- demonstrated expertise in nursing and/or health care more broadly and commitment to the principles of evidence based practice and their application
- excellent relationship management skills including an ability to build and maintain ongoing collaborative working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- relevant tertiary teaching experience.
- completed or working towards completion of a Master of Philosophy or PhD in a relevant area (desirable)
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across 9 campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 47,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: ongoing until positions are filled
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.