Research Ethics Applications Coordinator
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you’ll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI) and Australia’s first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
We are seeking an experienced and well organised Research Ethics Coordinator to provide support with the coordination of ethics applications for staff and higher degree research (HDR) students with the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI). The successful applicant will report to the Institute Manager and will be accountable for:
- Responding to, escalating or referring queries related to human and/or animal research activities.
- Providing procedural advice and information to researchers and HDR candidates on relevant research management system/s, research and ethics policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Collating and reviewing all documents required for the preparation of research ethics applications and site specific (e.g. hospitals) ethics applications.
- Coordinating the end-to-end ethics application process for researchers and following up with internal and external stakeholders on documents required for submission.
To be considered for this position applicants must provide a cover letter and attach as a separate document with responses to each of the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated understanding of research ethics applications and processes in a tertiary education environment.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to medical research.
- Well-developed, demonstrated computer skills in database management, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based research.
- Demonstrated experience working in a detailed administration role, including preparation of reports, and documentation required by committees.
Salary Package: From $69,654 to $79,193 p.a. (HEW Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, fixed-term for 2 years
Specific Role Enquiries: Reza Bilimoria, Institute Manager, Australian Institute of Health Innovation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Wednesday, 18 October 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.