Facilities & OHS Services Unit
Melbourne School of Engineering
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Are you looking for a fresh start in 2018 where you can make a significant contribution to facilities management?
The School of Engineering has plans for ambitious growth including significant commitment to infrastructure. By 2025 we will increase our infrastructure footage through the redevelopment of the Parkville engineering precinct, the Carlton Connect Initiative and a new campus.
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic Facilities Coordinator to help us get there.
We are looking for a self-starter who thinks outside the box to solve problems. You will enjoy working on a variety of projects, with a variety of stakeholders and will always question if there is a better way we can do things.
You will bring a breadth of experience and a true passion for facilities and space management.
Some of the key deliverables of this role would include:
- Lead a team of two Facilities officers to deliver effective management of infrastructure and facilities.
- Maintain an effective relationship with all relevant university stakeholders to deliver required facilities tasks successfully.
- Manage ongoing plan for the required regular maintenance of the schools facilities.
- Successfully manage projects such as facilities upgrades and relocations
- Lead the delivery of office and faculty based renovations and refurbishments.
- Develop, communicate and continually improve the procedures and policies that provide the framework for the use of the schools facilities.
- Take ownership for the space data of the school, ensuring data is updated and maintained.
- Critically analyse and evaluate occupancy data and propose opportunities for consolidation and improvements across the school.
If this sounds like you, you are encouraged to apply ASAP. Short listing will occur during the advertising period.
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Close date: 21 Jan 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
With your application we ask that you provide a response to the selection criteria referencing one demonstrated example per criteria.
We are also interested in what has motivated you to apply for this role and ask you reference this in your cover letter.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
The Melbourne School of Engineering is strongly committed to supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. Applications for part-time or other flexible working arrangements will be welcomed and will be fully considered subject to meeting the inherent requirements of the position.
The Melbourne School of Engineering strongly encourages applications from Indigenous Australians in response to its Indigenous Employment Plan 2016-18.