Senior Research Administrative Officer
SALARY RANGE: $76,585 to $82,706 pa pro rata (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (18.375 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus or Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position provides administrative support that contributes to the effective coordination and implementation of administrative processes of the Office of the Faculty of Health, and in particular the processes associated with Research and Research Training matters.
This will include:
- Providing high level support to the Manager Collaborative Programs and Research, the Associate Dean Research, and the Faculty HDR Coordinator
- Assisting the Manager, Collaborative Programs and Research with providing secretariat and administrative support to the Faculty HEAG
- Responsibility for coordination of the publication collection for the Faculty, recording and verification of research publications, ensuring compliance with HERDC and ERA requirements
- Liaising with and providing advice to academic and professional staff and prospective and current Higher Degree by Research students regarding applications for admission, enrolments and enrolment variations, progress reporting, confirmation of provisional candidature, and scholarships
- A tertiary degree with subsequent relevant work experience, or a combination of extensive, relevant experience, training and specialist knowledge in a tertiary education organisation
- Demonstrated experience in the establishment and maintenance of office systems, preferably in research administration
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of secretariat support to committees
- Sound knowledge of ethics policies and approval processes
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Mr Steven Sawyer
Tel: +61 3 9251 7175
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 15 October 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.